The Ottawa Car Manufacturing Co. produced trolley cars, electric locomotives and motor coaches for nearly every transit system in Canada. Founded in the 1890s by Thomas Ahearn, Warren Soper and William Wylie, the company produced streetcars and self-propelled interurbans under license from J.G. Brill.
The Great Depression destroyed Ottawa Car's traction and railroad business. Except for a few cars built in the late 1940's for the Ottawa Electric Railway, not a single piece of rolling stock was built by the company after 1933. The company sold transit buses through 1947, after which time it was sold and liquidated.
This catalog, which dates from the early 1930's, shows the Ottawa Car Company at its zenith. It includes data on 52-passenger Peter Witt cars, 30-passenger Birney Safety Cars, gas-powered Brills, locomotives, buses, and various accessories.